View Single Post
Old 28th July 2019, 02:15 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Death-Wish.jpg

Dr. Paul Kersey a vastly experienced trauma surgeon is used to dealing with the results of gang and other random acts of violence living in Chicago where gun crime is ever growing problem but when it directly affects him and his family how will he cope. In a city where there is a violent crime every few minutes the police are spread thin and there is no way they can solve every crime sick of waiting and seeing no results Dr. Kersey decides to track down the men that wronged him and his family himself.

It can be hard but when watching a film like this you have to try and separate yourself from this modern effort and the original films just like i did when i watch The Equalizer and it worked then but can it work this time around.

Death Wish is pretty entertaining and nowhere near as bad as i expected. Some of the scenarios are pretty stupid but when it comes to the action and kills there is no messing around he is just straight in and kicking ass or blowing heads off and mutilating people in a various ways. Bruce Willis is pretty hit and miss throughout sometimes i noticed he would be almost laughing through a serious scene and a few times when something major would happen it just felt brushed under the carpet and the film just moved on too fast from it often taking you out of the tension or emotional impact of the scene. Not a bad way to pass 2 hours.

6/10