View Single Post
Old 30th July 2019, 12:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Suspiria will be top of that list for a chance to hear the glorious soundtrack properly and admire the lighting and cinematography to its highest standard.

King Kong 1933. Can't remember seeing any stop-motion animation on the big screen (other than Wallace and Gromit) so would love to see this classic on the big screen.

Starship Troopers This one looks pretty big on the small screen, so iimagine it'll be spectacular on the big screen. The main scene i want to see is the insect stampede when they arrive at the 'fort'.

This is Spinal Tap For the chance to turn up the amps to 11 and hopefully, some decent fancy dress in the audience!

Zulu. Fowsands of 'em. Great landscapes and some stiff upper lip. The 'train' effect of the zulus stamping their feet as they crest the rise around Rourk's Drift.

Blade Runner Never seen this ocular miracle on the big screen. I imagine my eyes would need surgery afterwards and also on the list as tribute to one of the most 'human' android performances of them all by Rutger Hauer (RIP).

Beowulf To see how the motion capture and animated actors holds up to scrutiny on the big screen.

Battle of Britain Wild blue yonder. Lee Mallory's 'big wing'. Stukas and the mighty spitfire. With its dizzying orchestration during the climactic dogfights i imagine there could be some disorientation in the stalls too!

Airplane I want to share the gag a minute laughs with a full auditorium. Guess i picked the wrong week to give up going to the cinema.

last one is a toss up between
Matinee or Demons because why not a bit of meta?