View Single Post
Old 5th August 2019, 05:39 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
The Parting Of The Ways
The Doctor: Do you know what they call me in the ancient legends of the Dalek Homeworld? The Oncoming Storm. You might've removed all your emotions but I reckon right down deep in your DNA, there's one little spark left, and that's fear. Doesn't it just burn when you face me? So tell me. How did you survive the Time War?
Emperor [OC]: They survived through me.
(The lights come up to reveal a large apparatus, which on closer inspection is an exploded giant Dalek casing, and a blue-skinned one-eyed mutant is happy for everyone to see it sitting there as if on its throne..)
The Doctor: Rose, Captain, this is the Emperor of the Daleks.
Emperor: You destroyed us, Doctor. The Dalek race died in your inferno, but my ship survived, falling through time, crippled but alive.
The Doctor: I get it.
Dalek: Do not interrupt.
Dalek 2: Do not interrupt.
Dalek 3: Do not interrupt.
The Doctor: I think you're forgetting something. I'm the Doctor, and if there's one thing I can do, it's talk. I've got five billion languages, and you haven't got one way of stopping me. So if anybody's going to shut up, it's you! Okey doke. So, where were we?
Emperor: We waited here in the dark space, damaged but rebuilding. Centuries passed, and we quietly infiltrated the systems of Earth, harvesting the waste of humanity. The prisoners, the refugees, the dispossessed. They all came to us. The bodies were filtered, pulped, sifted. The seed of the human race is perverted. Only one cell in a billion was fit to be nurtured.
The Doctor: So you created an army of Daleks out of the dead.
Rose: That makes them half human.
Emperor: Those words are blasphemy.
Dalek: Do not blaspheme.
Dalek 2: Do not blaspheme.
Dalek 3: Do not blaspheme.
Emperor: Everything human has been purged. I cultivated pure and blessed Dalek.
The Doctor: Since when did the Daleks have a concept of blasphemy?
Emperor: I reached into the dirt and made new life. I am the God of all Daleks!
Daleks: Worship him. Worship him. Worship him.
The Doctor: They're insane. Hiding in silence for hundreds of years, that's enough to drive anyone mad. But it's worse than that. Driven mad by your own flesh. The stink of humanity. You hate your own existence. And that makes them more deadly than ever

Jack: Doctor, you've got twenty seconds maximum!
(The Tardis hurtles through time, all the time sending energy into Rose.
Jack runs out of bullets. He throws away the machine gun and takes out a pistol. Then that too is empty.)

Dalek: Exterminate.
Jack: I kind of figured that.
(The blast throws Jack back into the lift.)
The Doctor: It's ready! (The Daleks enter from all sides.) You really want to think about this, because if I activate the signal, every living creature dies.
Emperor [on viewscreen]: I am immortal.
The Doctor: Do you want to put that to the test?
Emperor [on viewscreen]: I want to see you become like me. Hail the Doctor, the Great Exterminator.
The Doctor: I'll do it!
Emperor [on viewscreen]: Then prove yourself, Doctor. What are you, coward or killer?
(But he cannot throw the final switch.)
The Doctor: Coward. Any day.
Emperor [on viewscreen]: Mankind will be harvested because of your weakness.
The Doctor: And what about me? Am I becoming one of your angels?
Emperor [on viewscreen]: You are the heathen. You will be exterminated.
The Doctor: Maybe it's time.
(The Doctor closes his eyes, and the Tardis materialises behind him.)
Dalek: Alert! Tardis materialising!
Emperor [on viewscreen]: You will not escape!
(The Tardis doors open. Rose is silhouetted in a blinding golden light. Energy tendrils snake outwards.)
The Doctor: What've you done?
Rose: I looked into the Tardis, and the Tardis looked into me.
The Doctor: You looked into the Time Vortex. Rose, no one's meant to see that.
Emperor [on viewscreen]: This is the Abomination!
Dalek: Exterminate!
(Rose stops the beam with her hand.)
Rose: I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself. I take the words, I scatter them in time and space. A message to lead myself here.
The Doctor: Rose, you've got to stop this. You've got to stop this now. You've got the entire vortex running through your head. You're going to burn.
Rose: I want you safe. My Doctor. Protected from the false god.
Emperor [on viewscreen]: You cannot hurt me. I am immortal.
Rose: You are tiny. I can see the whole of time and space. Every single atom of your existence, and I divide them. (A Dalek disintegrates gently.) Everything must come to dust. All things. Everything dies. The Time War ends.
(The Daleks crumble.)

Rose: What happened?
The Doctor: Don't you remember?
Rose: It's like there was this singing.
The Doctor: That's right. I sang a song and the Daleks ran away.
Rose: I was at home. No, I wasn't, I was in the Tardis, and there was this light. I can't remember anything else
(The Doctor's skin is darkening.)
The Doctor: Rose Tyler. I was going take you to so many places. Barcelona. Not the city Barcelona, the planet Barcelona. You'd love it. Fantastic place. They've got dogs with no noses. Imagine how many times a day you end up telling that joke, and it's still funny.
Rose: Then, why can't we go?
The Doctor: Maybe you will, and maybe I will. But not like this.
Rose: You're not making sense.
The Doctor: I might never make sense again. I might have two heads, or no head. Imagine me with no head. And don't say that's an improvement. But it's a bit dodgy, this process. You never know what you're going to end up with
(The Doctor double over in pain.)
Rose: Doctor!
The Doctor: Stay away!
Rose: Doctor, tell me what's going on.
The Doctor: I absorbed all the energy of the Time Vortex, and no one's meant to do that. Every cell in my body's dying.
Rose: Can't you do something?
The Doctor: Yeah, I'm doing it now. Time Lords have this little trick, it's sort of a way of cheating death. Except it means I'm going to change, and I'm not going to see you again. Not like this. Not with this daft old face. And before I go
Rose: Don't say that.
The Doctor: Rose, before I go, I just want to tell you, you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what? So was I. (Golden light burst out of the Doctor's body. This is not a nice quiet regeneration of the usual kind. Everything changes very suddenly and the tenth Doctor is standing there. Everyone say Hi! to David Tennant using a South London accent instead of his natural Scottish burr.) Hello. Okay. Ooo, new teeth. That's weird. So, where was I? Oh, that's right. Barcelona.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty