View Single Post
Old 8th August 2019, 06:06 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
Tooth And Claw
Rose: What do you think of this? Will it do?
The Doctor: In the late 1970s? You'd be better off in a bin bag. Hold on, listen to this. (The Doctor puts a CD into the Tardis player.) Ian Dury and the Blockheads. Number One in 1979.
Rose: You're a punk.
The Doctor: It's good to be a lunatic.
Rose: That's what you are. A big old punk with a bit of rockabillly thrown in.
The Doctor: Would you like to see him?
Rose: How'd you mean? In concert?
The Doctor: What else is a Tardis for? I can take you to the Battle of Trafalgar, the first anti-gravity Olympics, Caesar crossing the Rubicon or Ian Dury at the Top Rank, Sheffield, England, Earth, 21st November, 1979. What do you think?
Rose: Sheffield it is.
The Doctor: Hold on tight.
(The Doctor beats the rhythm of the song on the console as they travel.)
Rose: Stop!
(They stop suddenly, and get thrown to the floor.)
The Doctor: 1979. Hell of a year. China invades Vietnam. The Muppet Movie. Love that film. Margaret Thatcher. Urgh. Skylab falls to Earth, with a little help from me. Nearly took off my thumb. [Highlands] And I like my thumb. I need my thumb. I'm very attached to (Rifles are cocked.) My thumb. (They are surrounded by Redcoats. The officer in charge is on a black horse.) 1879. Same difference.
Reynolds: You will explain your presence. And the nakedness of this girl.
(David reverts to his natural accent.)
The Doctor: Are we in Scotland?
Reynolds: How can you be ignorant of that?
The Doctor: Oh, I'm, I'm dazed and confused. I've been chasing this, this wee naked child over hill and over dale. Isn't that right, ya timorous beastie?
Rose: Och, aye! I've been oot and aboot.
The Doctor: No, don't do that.
Rose: Hoots mon.
The Doctor: No, really don't. Really.
Reynolds: Will you identify yourself, sir?
The Doctor: I'm Doctor James McCrimmon, from the township of Balamory. I have my credentials, if I may. (He gets out his psychic paper.) As you can see, a Doctorate from the University of Edinburgh. I trained under Doctor Bell himself.

(Reynolds empties his revolver at the werewolf before it pounces and rips him apart.)
The Doctor: Rose!
(The Doctor drags her inside the room.)
Robert: Barricade the door.
(They do.)
The Doctor: Wait a minute. Shush, shush, wait a minute. (There is one lonely howl.) It's stopped. (The werewolf sniffs at the door, then leaves.) It's gone.
Rose: Listen.
(There are footsteps and growls from outside the walls as it walks around the room.)
The Doctor: Is this the only door?
Robert: Yes. No!
(They quickly barricade the other door.)
Rose: Shush. (The noises continue outside the walls.) I don't understand. What's stopping it?
The Doctor: Something inside this room. What is it? Why can't it get in?
Rose: I'll tell you what, though.
The Doctor: What?
Rose: Werewolf.
The Doctor: I know. You all right?
Rose: I'm okay, yeah.
Robert: I'm sorry, Ma'am. It's all my fault. I should have sent you away. I tried to suggest something was wrong. I thought you might notice. Did you think there was nothing strange about my household staff?
The Doctor: Well, they were bald, athletic. Your wife's away, I just thought you were happy.
Rose: I'll tell you what though, Ma'am, I bet you're not amused now.
Victoria: Do you think this is funny?
Rose: No, Ma'am. I'm sorry.
Victoria: What, exactly, I pray tell me, someone, please. What exactly is that creature?
The Doctor: You'd call it a werewolf, but technically it's a more of a lupine wavelength haemovariform.
Victoria: And should I trust you, sir? You who change your voice so easily? What happened to your accent?
The Doctor: Oh right, sorry, that's
Victoria: I'll not have it. No, sir. Not you, not that thing, none of it. This is not my world.
The Doctor: Mistletoe. Sir Robert, did you father put that there?
Robert: I don't know. I suppose.
The Doctor: On the other door, too. No, a carving wouldn't be enough. I wonder. (He licks the woodwork.) Viscum album, the oil of the mistletoe. It's been worked into the wood like a varnish. How clever was your dad? I love him. Powerful stuff, mistletoe. Bursting with lectins and viscotoxins.
Rose: And the wolf's allergic to it?
The Doctor: Well, it thinks it is. The monkey monk monks need a way of controlling the wolf, maybe they trained it to react against certain things.
Robert: Nevertheless, that creature won't give up, Doctor, and we still don't possess an actual weapon.
The Doctor: Oh, your father got all the brains, didn't he?
Rose: Being rude again.
The Doctor: Good. I meant that one. You want weapons? We're in a library. Books! Best weapons in the world. This room's the greatest arsenal we could have. (He throws some books to Rose.) Arm yourself.

Victoria: By the power invested in me by the Church and the State, I dub thee Sir Doctor of Tardis. By the power invested in me by the Church and the State, I dub thee Dame Rose of the Powell Estate. You may stand.
The Doctor: Many thanks, Ma'am.
Rose: Thanks. They're never going to believe this back home.
The Doctor: Your Majesty, you said last night about receiving no message from the great beyond. I think your husband cut that diamond to save your life. He's protecting you even now, Ma'am, from beyond the grave.
Victoria: Indeed. Then you may think on this also. That I am not amused.
Rose: Yes!
Victoria: Not remotely amused. And henceforth I banish you.
The Doctor: I'm sorry?
Victoria: I have rewarded you, Sir Doctor, and now you are exiled from this empire, never to return. I don't know what you are, the two of you, or where you're from, but I know that you consort with stars and magic and think it fun. But your world is steeped in terror and blasphemy and death, and I will not allow it. You will leave these shores and you will reflect, I hope, on how you came to stray so far from all that is good, and how much longer you may survive this terrible life. Now leave my world, and never return.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty