View Single Post
Old 8th August 2019, 04:42 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
I’ve watched Dr Who since 1970 and it’s the first time I’ve stopped watching since then ( I didn’t even bother watching the last few episodes )
I wasn’t a fan of the McCoy era but I did keep watching.
Chibnall’s series was drab, unexciting, preachy, patronising bollocks.
I'm quoting someone from elsewhere when discussing possible new Doctor Who action figures.

Quote:
I suppose boys want to "play" Doctor Who, holding figures of the Doctor and the Master and pretend they're talking to each other or Captain Jack and a Cyberman fighting.

I can't see boys holding figures of Graham and Ryan whilst pretending they're having a conversation about family bereavement, generational trans-racial male bonding and the de-stigmatisation of dyspraxia, walking around a greasy spoon cafe playset complete with little moulded/painted plates of a fry-up and mugs of builders tea. And given children's attention spans, I doubt many of them remember the other one played by Mandip Gill whose name I've genuinely forgotten (too).

And why no Rosa Parks 3½” figurine with 43:1 scale General Motors TDH 3610 bus in Montgomery livery? Surely kids want to play with that?
Sadly it really does sum up the last series.