View Single Post
Old 29th August 2019, 12:20 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I thought the Blade Runner 2049 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray produced a much better picture because of the detail and colours. It was shot at 3.4K and theatrically screened at 4K, so it has been downscaled for the standard Blu-ray.

I compared them and thought the standard Blu-ray Disc had a really impressive picture, but the colours don't seem as rich or the fine detail as clear as on its 4K counterpart. It isn't a 4K release which has the same visual 'wow' factor as Guardians of the Galaxy 2, John Wick, Planet Earth II or the first Blade Runner as they are demo discs but, in terms of the blacks, clarity, and detail, it's one I'm glad I have on 4K Ultra HD.
Perhaps I'm being way too harsh. I should also say that I haven't yet watched any of my UHD discs in their entirety - I've just looked at snippets. Thursday this week is my wife and I's next shared day off so we'll properly get to watch one. Probably Batman Begins as I would first like to watch my en-route Blade Runner UHD before rewatching Blade Runner 2049.