View Single Post
Old 8th September 2019, 06:29 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
The Poison Sky
Staal: Doctor, breathing your last?
Mace: My God, they're like trolls.
The Doctor: Yeah, loving the diplomacy, thanks. So, tell me, General Staal, since when did you lot become cowards?
Staal [on monitor]: How dare you!
Mace: Oh, that's diplomacy?
Staal [on monitor]: Doctor, you impugn my honour.
The Doctor: Yeah, I'm really glad you didn't say belittle, because then I'd have a field day. But poison gas? That's the weapon of a coward and you know it. Staal, you could blast this planet out of the sky and yet you're sitting up above watching it die. Where's the fight in that? Where's the honour? Or are you lot planning something else, because this isn't normal Sontaran warfare. What are you lot up to?
Staal: A general would be unwise to reveal his strategy to the opposing forces.
The Doctor: Ah, the war's not going so well, then. Losing, are we?
Staal [on monitor]: Such a suggestion is impossible.
Mace: What war?
The Doctor: The war between the Sontarans and the Rutans. It's been raging, far out in the stars, for fifty thousand years. Fifty thousand years of bloodshed, and for what?
Staal: For victory. Sontar-ha. Sontar-ha. Sontar-ha. Sontar-ha. Sontar-ha. Sontar-ha.
The Doctor: Give me a break.
(The Doctor changes channels with the screwdriver, to a cartoon.)
Mace: Doctor. I would seriously recommend that this dialogue is handled by official Earth representation.
(And back to the Sontarans.)
The Doctor: Finished?
Staal [on monitor]: You will not be so quick to ridicule when you'll see our prize. Behold. We are the first Sontarans in history to capture a Tardis.
The Doctor: Well, as prizes go, that's noble.

Skorr: This isn't war, this is sport.

Sylvia: The streets are half empty. People still aren't driving. There's kids on bikes all over the place. It's wonderful. Unpack that lot, I'm going to see if Suzette's all right.
(Sylvia leaves.)
Wilf: I won't tell her. Best not. Just keep it as our little secret, eh?
Donna: Yeah.
Wilf: And you go with him, that wonderful Doctor. You go and see the stars, and then bring a bit of them back for your old Gramps.
Donna: Love you.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty