View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:20 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
In addition, Pilato addresses the remake, where his career went following DAY OF THE DEAD's disastrous box office upon its initial release and his thoughts on the movie being rediscovered and hailed as a classic.
I remember seeing this on opening night in a big London cinema and me and my two mates were the only people in there. I absolutely loved the film from day one - but most didn't. In fact, as much as I'm glad that over time it has received the recognition it so richly deserves, I'm also a bit annoyed with the horror community of the time. Critics of the time generally panned it and horror fans did not give it the support it deserved - as the empty cinema I sat in attested to. Now people want to fall over themselves heaping praise on it, which, as I said is a good thing, is also a bit insulting IMO.

Now, this doesn't apply to anyone here, I might add - and I know for a fact Calum is a true devotee of the genre, which is why I'm so glad he's involved. It definitely helps when putting together extras to have an extensive knowledge of the genre (and the specific film), which Calum most certainly has. I think he should be heartily commended for the time and effort he's putting into this (and COTLD) and I'm spreading the word to as many people as possible. Releases like this deserve to be supported.

Last edited by Daemonia; 3rd February 2010 at 01:22 AM.