View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:40 AM
Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Here's what I can say:

JOE OF THE DEAD: Shot in HD, in this extensive 50 minute documentary the actor Joe Pilato talks about his career in movies - beginning with his work in the little-seen Pittsburgh horror outing EFFECTS (which also featured Romero regulars Tom Savini and John Harrison) to his small parts in DAWN OF THE DEAD and KNIGHTRIDERS and, of course, his work as Captain Rhodes in DAY OF THE DEAD.

In addition, Pilato addresses the remake, where his career went following DAY OF THE DEAD's disastrous box office upon its initial release and his thoughts on the movie being rediscovered and hailed as a classic. I am really proud to have directed this and you can expect all kinds of never-before-seen pictures, many surprises and an honest, laid back chat from an actor who is not afraid to tell all about his life and times...

There is also

TRAVELOGUE OF THE DEAD: Join Pilato as he travels across Dublin, Edinburgh and Glasgow in October 2009, celebrating the 25th anniversary of DAY OF THE DEAD. Witness him meeting the fans, reciting his most famous lines from the movie - live and on stage - and drinking with the best of them! Directed by Naomi Holwill - this is a really fun piece, raw, uncensored Joe Pilato: whiskey and all!

It is probably also worth noting that the huge "FOR EVERY DAWN THERE IS A DAY" booklet which I wrote collects brand new interviews with Romero, Savini, editor Pasquale Buba, asst director/ composer John Harrison and actors Joe Pilato, Lori Cardille and Gary Steele. I went to some effort to secure these and hope you enjoy it - especially since many of the above names have never shared their experiences of working on the feature!

And, in closing, all I can say is if you think that's a bumper package... wait for CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD!!!
I'll echo Calum here, you guys are going to totally dig the City of the Living Dead package...it's fantastic!