View Single Post
Old 6th October 2019, 03:27 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Vampira (1974)

David Niven stars as Dracula in this spoof horror which is far closer in tone to Hammer's Dracula AD 1972 than it is buffoonery like Carry on Screaming. All swinging sixties cool with Playboy Bunnies and groovy gear and even groovier tunes with blaxploitation elements thrown in.

The plot which sees Niven's Count come to London in a bid to turn his beloved Countess Vampira white again following a calamity where she was revived from her sleep using the blood of a beautiful black playmate (Teresa Graves).

What follows are a serious bevy of hot genre babes (Veronica Carlson, Jennie Linden, Linda Hayden, Luan Peters and more) succumbing to the seductions of Niven, Graves or the hairy chested Nicky Henson.

I have to admit it sounds a bit shite but it felt like it was done with affection for the genre and the finished product i found very entertaining. The final scene is a classic. Definitely one to watch again.

Halloween (2007)

A grungy masterpiece from director Rob Zombie which gives proper back story and motive as to why the ten year old Michael Myers became the killer we know and er' love.

This is almost a five star movie but it's let down in the final twenty minutes by too much running around in darkness.
Damn i almost picked up Vampira yesterday really sorry i didn't now.