View Single Post
Old 11th October 2019, 04:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Trick or Treat aka Ragman (1986)

So three things;

1) A one-off studio demo acetate... just given away to some kid, by Gene Simmons... I don't think so.

2) He then goes to school, goes home to get ready and then goes to a pool party where he knows they all hate him. All of this BEFORE he goes back home to listen to said acetate record OF HIS FAVOURITE METAL SINGER WHO RECENTLY DIED IN A FIRE!!

3) The main antagonist is one of the husbands from Desperate Housewives!

That aside, great 'Heavy Metal Horror' from the mid 80's about a metal kid being bullied by the popular kids when his haunted acetate records brings the spirit of Metal star Sammi Curr back to seek vengeance.

Shame about the blu-ray, the video, while better than the DVD isn't anything to write home about and the audio is far from optimal (in the english track at least, the German dub sounds amazong!) but it's not so bad you don't quickly attune to it and forget about how weak it sounds I just cranked it up on the amp anyway.

There is an American bluray of dubious provenance which alegedly has better audio, there is also an Italian disc which is a bootleg of the German one which I have.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky