View Single Post
Old 15th October 2019, 06:57 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 15

PiranhaII-poster.jpg

A love triangle between a scuba diving instructor a biochemist and the chief of police will have to be put on hold and their differences put aside when flying blood hungry homicidal piranha emerge from the wreckage of a sunken ship just off a busy tropical island. The resort manager refuses to listen to what they have to say and goes ahead with the annual beach fish fry fearing a closure could cost him and the island a fortune. Will he regret this decision ? TOO F**KIN RIGHT HE WILL.......... A$$HOLE

I love Piranha so i had high hopes for Piranha II the premise sounds fantastic flying Piranha so there is nowhere to hide well unless you close the door and windows but in a film like this im sure that wouldn't even cross anyone minds so on we go

First off the acting for the most part is terrible most people sound like they are dubbed and not very well. There is some great Gore scenes with plenty of splatter but when the piranha appear you can barely see them its so fast you just hear a flapping sound and tthere is a ton of blood or they are bouncing off windows obviously someone off screen is throwing them at the windows or the sails of a boat

The big problem is when most of the action is happening its night so its very hard to see what's going on just the sound of the wings and the bubbling of water and then its over and done with. The only time we get a real good look at the piranha is when they are on the ship wreck which is also hindered by the cloudy murky water.

A really great fun idea is not executed properly and it really makes me feel sad for what could have been. A bit of daylight would of made all the difference.

5/10