View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2019, 10:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Hellboy (2019 remake)

Worst. Film. Ever.

I am a huge Hellboy fan (both the comics & the 2 GDT movies), and this was a joke. They managed to shoehorn in some of the best stuff from the comics (Baba Yaga, HB being King of england, the Warthog guy!) and ruin it! Overlong, soulless and forced, it shows you the difference between people who passionately care about story & character (GDT et al) andpeople who want to make money.

Read the comics or watch the REAL HB movies, but don't waste your time with this Resident Evil-a-like mess.

0/10
I'm with you, up to a point. The film isn't the "Worst. Film. Ever." I've watched quite a few contenders for that award ("Catwoman" any one?) BUT it does come close. It does get the award for the "biggest vehicle for 'Eastenders' actors" and that will probably save those actors from being a drain on the NHS for anti-depressants.

Anyone wanting to make a film from a well-loved book or comic should really respect the source material or they will ALWAYS p*ss off the fans and lose viewers. Look at "Green Lantern," "Catwoman" (sorry to labour a point), the Joel Silver "Batman" films, I could probably go on but I'm bored now...

Monster Magnet