View Single Post
Old 26th October 2019, 10:32 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default October 24th

The Witch (2015)

"Wouldst thou like to live deliciously"

No plot points or spoilers of any kind of this 17th century set film that takes it's cue from New England folk tales.

I truly cannot rate this film highly enough. Superbly performed with brilliant and authentic use of olde-English language and terrific sound design and an often lingering camera technique all come together to create the most unnerving, bordering on frightening, horror film i can remember seeing.

This was my fourth viewing of The VVitch and it loses none of it's haunting power. Absolutely outstanding.

Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (1988)

The best of what is now a stand alone sequel trilogy which pits Donald Pleasence's Dr Loomis against his old foe Michael Myers. Gorier than the original but not as chilling, although this is still a fine slasher film in it's own right. A good supporting cast - Ellie Cornell, Danielle Harris - of strong females help.

Pacy and above all fun. I like this a lot.

Two very different films but both excellent for differing reasons. I must have seen Halloween 4 a dozen times at least and it never loses it's feelgood factor whilst The Witch is about as feelgood as a dose of the Clap but it remains one hell of a film.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 24092.jpg (95.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 91hAhtkyU8L._SY679_.jpg (73.0 KB, 3 views)