View Single Post
Old 27th October 2019, 01:54 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Halloween (2018)

Supposedly following on forty years later from John Carpenter's original Halloween and ignoring every other sequel in a complete series reboot...except it doesn't.

David Gordon Green's Blumhouse production basically steals key scenes from every other Halloween sequel (I include Rob Zombie's films here too), especially Halloween 4 The Return of Michael Myers and throws them into this frankly piss poor effort.

People visit Myers in his sanitarium prison under supervision of a Malcolm McDowell caricature. (Halloween (2007)) Myers escapes from custody when his prison bus crashes and he kills the rest of the occupants (Halloween 4 The Return of Michael Myers). Michael then steals a set of car keys from someone locked in a toilet cubicle (Halloween H20), he then kills the occupants of a garage / petrol station (Halloween 4 The Return of Michael Myers), kills two cops in a car (Halloween 5 The Revenge of Michael Myers). There's no point me going on as it will get as dull as the film itself.

The film lacks any sort of atmosphere and fails to be remotely scary or even tense. What it does manage is to be as politically correct as it can be, so much so that it's painful,"I'm so going to dry f*ck you" announces one girl to her beau, whilst introducing all sorts if diverse characters (Which in itself isn't a problem) but then not having a clue how to give them life or give them anything to do. Even Jamie Lee Curtis' Laurie Strode who has seemingly been tortured by grief and guilt for forty years - but somehow turns her house basement into a fortified bunker complete with revolving kitchen unit entrance, you know the sort of thing Terminator's Sarah Connor might do - comes across as so one dimensional you'll be begging to see her play a more sympathetic and convincing version of the same tortured soul in Halloween H20. The whole thing is just so Blumhouse ironic .

If Disney made a Halloween film then this would be it.

And do you know what disappointed the most? The fact i really wanted to fall in love with this film..
images.jpeg