View Single Post
Old 1st November 2019, 10:34 AM
Cult Acolyte

Things did not go as planned for my October viewings. Too much hassle here on the home front. So here are my final movies.

38.THE HAUNTING (1963)
Excellent atmospheric ghost story. A Halloween favourite.

39.THE FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS (1967)
Humorous adventures of Professor Abronsius and Alfred his assistant as they look for evidence of vampires and head off to rescue Sarah from the castle when they find a real vampire.
*Check out the new Blu ray from Warner Archive. Awesome picture. Colourful and sharp detail.
**As much as I love this movie, always at the back of my mind when watching is what was to happen to Sharon Tate two years after this film.

40.HALLOWEEN (1978)
" I met him, 15 years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding in even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this... six-year-old child with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and... the blackest eyes - the Devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up, because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply... evil".