View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2019, 11:21 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

MV5BMzFiYWQxYzgtOThmYi00ZmIwLWFlZWMtMzk2NTI2YTYzMjkyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg

Rudy Ray Moore moved to LA to escape his country upbringing and live the Hollywood dream but he is caught in a rut and feels his life is going nowhere. During the day he works in a record store but at night he is the MC in a night club and he is still holding on to the name in lights dream. Listening to old stories from the local homeless population Rudy adapts the stories to create a character and start doing some stand up comedy. One night instead of his usual MC routine before the main attraction Rudy breaks out Dolomite and his adult only jokes and stories and that are in instant success. Rudy starts recording albums his stand up and takes his show on the road. At first he is on top of the world but after a night at the movies he decides he wants to go bigger and be known to the whole world he wants to bring Dolemite to the big screen. Rudy is no stranger to being told no and still making it and this time is no different and he goes and makes the movie himself. Will it be a box office hit or a complete disaster.

Dolemite Is My Name is fantastic its a great story with great characters its foul mouthed its sexy its raunchy and is funny as f***. Its the old saying that truth is stranger than fiction and you forget that this is a biopic not just a comedy. Eddie Murphy is amazing right from the first line he cracked me up i have always been a fan of Eddie Murphy from his stand up to SNL to all the amazing films i grew up with and its great to see him back where he belongs.

When people come to see a movie they wanna see

Car chases Kung Fu and Ti**ies and that what we gave em

8/10