View Single Post
Old 25th November 2019, 09:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

To Kill A Mockingbird 1962.

1932 small town Alabama, lawyer and single parent Atticus Finch is defending a black man for the rape and beating of a white girl, while his children seem to be intrigued by their neighbours and a hermit.

This was a truly great film, first time ever seeing this as heard so many (good) things about it that it was generally spoiled so never gave it a view, wish i had seen it earlier till now. Gregory Peck gives an amazing performance as Atticus, who seems to be outcasted in defending a black man and being labled as a "negro lover" and the way racism is shown is powerful and portraying a person who see's other as humans and a loyal father figure. The actors playing the children were brilliant as little mischief's spying on their neighbours making up stories.

From the start it does seem a little bit slow with the introduction to everyone in the area and the new boy staying with his aunt but the pace is quickly picked up to the dramatic court scene and to finish a film with a ending i didn't expect made it a bit more heart warming. Defiantly one to watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg man.jpg (61.2 KB, 5 views)