View Single Post
Old 30th November 2019, 05:17 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
Heaven Sent
The Doctor: Oh, what's this? Well, are you gardeners? I hate gardening! What sort of a person has a power complex about flowers? It's dictatorship for inadequates.

The Doctor: Sorry I'm late. Jumped out of a window. Certain death. Don't you want to know how I survived? Go on. Ask me! No, of course I had to jump! The first rule of being interrogated is that you are the only irreplaceable person in the torture chamber. The room is yours, so work it. If they're going to threaten you with death, show them who's boss. Die faster. And you've seen me do that more often than most. Rule one of dying, don't. Rule two, slow down.

The Doctor: You've got the rest of your life. The faster you think, the slower it will pass. Concentrate. Assume you're going to survive. Always assume that. Imagine you've already survived. There's a storm room in your mind. Lock the door and think. This is my storm room. I always imagine that I'm back in my Tardis, showing off, telling you how I escaped, making you laugh. That's what I'm doing right now. I am falling, Clara. I'm dying. And I am going to explain to you how I survived. I can't wait to hear what I say. I'm nothing without an audience. One hope. Salt.

The Doctor: I didn't leave Gallifrey because I was bored! That was a lie! It's always been a lie! Not enough? You want more? I was scared! I ran because I was scared! Is that what you want me to say? Is that true enough for you?

The Doctor [OC]: There are two events in everybody's life that nobody remembers. Two moments experienced by every living thing, yet no one remembers anything about them. Nobody remembers being born and nobody remembers dying.

The Doctor: People always get it wrong with Time Lords. We take forever to die. Even if we're too injured to regenerate, every cell in our bodies keeps trying. Dying properly can take days. That's why we like to die among our own kind. They know not to bury us early.

The Doctor: If I didn't know better, I'd say I've travelled seven thousand years into the future. (Yorick falls into the sea, the Doctor opens the door to room 12 and punches a few more molecules off the Azbantium wall.) Aah! How many seconds in eternity? (He crawls back to the teleport to do it all again.) [tower]: If I didn't know better, I'd say I've travelled twelve thousand years into the future. [room 12]: How many seconds in eternity? And the shepherd's boy Argh! (And again.) [tower]: Six hundred thousand years into the future. [room 12]: Argh! How many seconds in eternity? And the shepherd's boy says Argh! (Digging again, dropping the spoon in the soup.) [tower]: Twelve hundred thousand years into the future. [room 12]: Argh! And the shepherd's boy says Argh! [tower]: Two million years into the future. [room 12]: And the shepherd's boy says (And again, and again, and again, getting dizzy with the flashing excerpts...) [tower]: Twenty million years into the future. [room 12]: Ow! And the shepherd's boy says, there's this mountain of pure diamond. It takes an hour to climb it, and an hour to go around it! (Even faster flashes of scenes.) [tower]: 52 million years. [room 12]: Every hundred years, a little bird comes and sharpens its beak on the diamond mountain. (Faster still.) [tower]: Nearly a billion years. [room 12]: Argh! And when the entire mountain is chiselled away, the first second of eternity will have passed! (Faster still.) [tower]: Well over a billion years. [room 12]: Argh! You must think that's a hell of a long time, (More and more.) [tower]: Two billion years. [room 12]: Personally, I think that's a hell of a (Again.)

(The Doctor walks out of the portal created by the hole in the Azbantium onto a dry planet with a golden sky. The portal closes and a small round metal object falls to the ground. The Doctor picks up a miniature of the castle surrounded by blue water. Brass cogwheels fill the space and then an engraved cover closes over it. It is his confession dial. A small boy runs up to him.)
The Doctor: Go to the city. Find somebody important. Tell them I'm back. Tell them, I know what they did, and I'm on my way. And if they ask you who I am, tell them I came the long way round. (The boy runs off towards a tall metallic city with a towering Citadel at its heart. The Doctor speaks to his confession dial.) You can probably still hear me, so just between ourselves, you've got the prophecy wrong. The Hybrid is not half Dalek. Nothing is half Dalek. The Daleks would never allow that. The Hybrid destined to conquer Gallifrey and stand in its ruins (The Doctor dons his sonic sunglasses.) Is me.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty