View Single Post
Old 14th December 2019, 06:58 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

In fabric

I really liked and enjoyed this .

A mixture of Argento early film making and Cronenberg bizarre weirdness storyline and you've got this giallo style of film.

About a dress that's possessed and doesn't end well for anyone who wears it .
Its more of a story of 2 half's one with a women and other with a bloke, 2nd half doesn't quite grab or appeal the same as first half, told in very similar circumstances where they both get a telling off from their boss.

The 70s tonne feel of the film is done to a t, the style, look, weirdness, music etc etc you could easily be forgiven in thinking this was actually a 70s lost gem that's just been rediscovered and released instead of a modern day horror .

It also concentrates more on a film being a film instead of trying bring it upto modern society or give it a modern day look.

Definitely rank it up there as one of my favourite films of recent years and will be adding it to my collection .

I know this and Midsommar are miles apart but these 2 films make a refreshing change and stray away from the same crap that keeps getting released and not relying on the same old same old ,

We need more of these instead of churning out remakes, reboots, sequels, spin offs, or another marvel and DC universe film .

PS from same director that gave us Berberian sound studio so you have idea what type film to expect.

Recommended IMO.

Last edited by gag; 14th December 2019 at 07:22 AM.