View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2020, 11:56 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a30633...ies-13-return/

Doctor Who star Jodie Whittaker confirms her future on the series
Oh, brilliant

Jodie Whittaker isn't going to be turning over the keys to the TARDIS on Doctor Who just yet.

The Thirteenth Doctor and her fam are only partially through the 12th series, but it looks like the return of The Master (Sacha Dhawan) won't be finishing them off after all.

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly this week, Jodie let the big news slip – perhaps accidentally – that she will be back for a 13th series.

"I'm doing another season," she said. "That might be a massive exclusive that I'm not supposed to say, but it's unhelpful for me to say [I don't know] because it would be a massive lie!"

She then spoke of Doctor Who in general: "I absolutely adore it. At some point, these shoes are going to be handed on, but it's not yet. I'm clinging on tight!"

Digital Spy has reached out to the BBC for more information about the status of the rest of the cast for series 13.

Before fans get too excited about the next series, Jodie teased that The Doctor's upcoming run-in with the Cybermen is going to be unlike any of their previous encounters.

"[The Cybermen have] got a lot of presence on set," Whittaker said. "When they move in unison, it's incredible. It's really exciting."

This coming weekend's episode features more familiar monsters, when a platoon of Judoon nearly cause a riot in Gloucester as they arrive in search of an intergalactic fugitive.

Doctor Who airs on BBC One in the UK and BBC America in the US.