Old 16th February 2020, 07:06 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood] (2019).
I agree with your overall sentiments about the film – I thought it was overall extremely good, possibly benefiting from those lulls where one editor may have wanted the runtime cut down slightly. I felt those breathing spaces allowed you to appreciate what had come before them and growing anticipation for what is about to happen to the characters you've come to know and like (or even love).

I have listened to the soundtrack several times and want to buy the 4K Ultra HD release (it's a typical Tarantino film where a lot of time has gone into the aesthetics) and can see myself watching it many times. It's a film which shows that Tarantino is still a great director, Leonardo DiCaprio is very versatile and talented lead actor, and Brad Pitt fully deserves his Oscar win.

As far as the 'Once Upon a Time' films, I enjoyed and appreciated this a lot more than the 'Once Upon a Time in Nazi Occupied France' sequence that grew to become Inglorious Basterds, something which was lesser than the sum of its parts.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 16th February 2020 at 07:31 PM.