View Single Post
Old 27th February 2020, 12:17 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Death is a Woman (1966)

A hugely enjoyable British thriller set in the Mediterranean as Mark Burns' undercover agent attempts to crack open a heroin smuggling operation.

Very Bond-like at times with some excellent underwater scenes reminiscent of the previous year's Thunderball, not to mention a bevy of gorgeous gals also reminiscent of Thunderball, including Wanda Ventham, The Evil of Frankenstein's Caron Gardner and best of all the voluptuous Trisha Noble as the deadly femme fatale of the title. It's not just the ladies though, at one point on a sun lounger i was desperate for Burns to close his legs as his terrifyingly tight and tiny shorts were leaving nothing to the imagination - the sixties eh?

Death is a Woman is a far superior film to many of the exotically localed productions of the era as it actually had an interesting plot that kept me both guessing and highly entertained, and whilst Mark Burns is definitely no Sean Connery in the charisma stakes, as a film i actually prefer this to the afore mentioned Thunderball.

The UK Network dvd sports a delightful picture and sound quality.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg death-is-a-woman.jpg (90.5 KB, 4 views)