View Single Post
Old 4th March 2020, 08:26 PM
Cult Addict

With my watch of Werewolf and the Yeti i've finally seen all of the Video Nasties.

evil-dead-promo-art-lead-in.jpg

My first ones as an impressionable age (around 8 or 9 i think) were The Evil dead (from a guy renting films from his car boot, smooth ) and House at the edge of the park which i saw when i was being babysat by my Aunt, i think her kids rented it (along with Lemon popsicle 3....interesting night.)

246f345459b626743818538f0d4cd79a.jpg

I decided to do a list on letterboxd here's a link, they are in a sort of order although this may alter as i rewatch stuff.

https://letterboxd.com/nosferatu42/list/video-nasties/

Most were entertaining, some were great, some were pretty shit, the list starts going downhill sharply after we reach 40 and below in my opinion.

Some are placed higher than they really should be due to personal affection for a bad film.
I had a mate who collected mental films as a late teenager so i copied a few films, as a result i like Mardi gras massacre more than it really deserves or any sane person should.

mardi-gras-massacre-australian-vhs-movie-cover.jpg

I spit on your grave i first saw in America aged about 19, i made friends with a couple of the locals and they had it in their video collection.
It's a film i respect a lot but also find a pretty difficult watch.

I still don't own them all, but i've either had copies in the past or ended up going the youtube route.

I miss you hugs and kisses i had on Video under the title drop dead dearest but it was cut so i ended up watching the rest on youtube at some point.
It's not really worth it though only memorable for the fact that it features Elkie Sommer.

Only taken me 36 years to watch em all, but like Pringles once you pop you can't stop.

VYVYAN: Michael and I are going to indulge in an all night orgy of sex and violence!

RICK: What, in the drawing room?

VYVYAN: Yeah. First we're going to have sex with the Headless Corpse and the Virgin Astronaut.

RICK: Ugh!. Won't the carpet get awfully sticky?

VYVYAN: It's a video nasty!!!

RICK: It's a CARPET, farty!!

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.