View Single Post
Old 8th March 2020, 10:02 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
Good job you put the question mark there. The question I would pose would be, what renaissance would that be exactly.
well quickly and personally:
  1. have a full season of two part stories, that are standalone and without a season story arc. perhaps go back to when the Doctor couldn't always accurately control the Tardis and therefore ended up in unexpected places.
  2. does the threat always have to be universe wide? lets have some localised stories. DW works best when in an enclosed environment with a limited number of characters.
  3. let's get some horror back in. my favourite two seasons Tom Baker S2&3 were very horror tinged and drew on famous horror literature for inspiration.
  4. go back to just one (maybe two) companion(s). having 3 makes them compete for equal screen time and stalls the stories.
  5. reset the Doctor's character back to what it was i.e. someone curious, didn't know everything, someone who values life but definitely not a pacifist.
  6. take out the PC lecturing. if the story has a 'message' let it live within the story instead of koshing the audience over the head with it.

i'm sure there is more but that will do for starters