View Single Post
Old 15th March 2020, 06:15 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Sx_Tape (2013)

Ever since Paperhouse in 1988 i've taken an interest in director Bernard Rose's work. From the likes of Candyman and Chicago Joe and the Showgirl to lesser lights like Snuff Movie (2005) and Frankenstein (2015), they all generally hold some interest to me.

The widely derided Sx-Tape is the same. For the first hour i found it riveting viewing as the film chronicled the day to day life (via camcorder) of Jill, an artist who lives life to the full. Even as far as performing sexual acts strapped to gurney's in old abandoned hospitals. Rather than the usual bickering and or cameras pointing at the floor as tends to be the norm for this type of thing i found myself totally engaged in proceedings. Jill, an excellent Caitlyn Folley, all wildly outgoing seemed a great person to follow round and cameraman, Adam, (Ian Duncan) allowed the film to flow freely.

It's during the last twenty or so minutes when the horror and supernatural aspects kick in that my interest slumped somewhat with the addition of more atypical generic characters for this sort of thing as well as the usual boring jump scares and so on taking place in the abandoned hospital.

From what i've read, many find Jill and Adam incredibly annoying throughout and have given this film lousy scores and write ups, but i didn't, therefore should you decide to give this a go following my words then this final paragraph is perhaps the one to really take notice of above all others.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sx_tape_film_poster_2013.jpg (15.6 KB, 4 views)