View Single Post
Old 1st April 2020, 09:00 AM
Cult Master

True, genuine, real and a fact

Jodie Quits! Julia Foster is the 14th Doctor, with Tennant Back as Companion | Doctor Who TV

"Veteran actress Julia Foster will replace Jodie Whittaker after she bows out from Doctor Who in this year’s festive special.

Despite claims to the contrary, Whittaker in fact filmed her final scenes late last year. Producers were hoping to spring a surprise regeneration on fans, but fears it would leak early have forced an official statement now.

Foster is no stranger to Doctor Who, having appeared earlier this year in the critically acclaimed “Orphan 55”.

Foster’s casting is said to be part of an attempt to take the show “back to basics” with an older, more seasoned actor in the iconic role. Producers are also considering filming exclusively in black and white again to capture a “Hartnell vibe”.

Due to concerns over ratings, David Tennant will be brought back, but with a twist. This time he’ll not be playing the Doctor, but in fact new companion, Ben.

Chris Chibnall will remain in his position as the popular showrunner. He said: “We’re sad to lose Jodie, but thrilled to welcome Julia and David (again) in this next exciting chapter of Doctor Who. Julia’s performance in “Orphan 55” blew everyone away, and we knew we had found another dynamite bit of casting for the Doctor.”

Julia Foster said: “It’s a dream come true. If you thought my previous character was a badass, just wait until you see the 14th Doctor in action. She’s tough as nails, shouts a lot, and can wave her Sonic around like never before!”

David Tennant said: “I’m so excited to be working with the Chibster again! And now I get to be the companion. What a crazy world! And just wait until we’re 18 episodes in, when you finally find out Ben’s backstory…”"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty