View Single Post
Old 5th April 2020, 06:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Night of the Demons.(1988)

Night of the Demons.(1988)
How is it any party I went to back in my teen years
always ended up the same, me being sick in someone’s garden and every body else having fun. I mean why couldn’t demons ever invade my parents house when they were showing off their fondue and angel delight (which always reminded me of vomit).Then again I have never been to party with Linnea Quigley and judging by her past ,it’s bound to end badly. Demons ticks all the boxes for an 80s horror film, obnoxious teenagers, a slight nod to both goth and punk music, some mild nudity and some rather cool effects, but sadly missing any Birds Eye desert’s. I always felt Night of the Demons was a rather lesser rip off, of The Evil Dead, but over the years it has increased in my estimation. It has some gloriously gory moments, Quigley hiding her lipstick, a nice a bit of eye gouging (who doesn’t like abit of that) and a general air of manic madness, it cannot be any coincidence that the lead girl is dressed up like Alice in Wonderland. And while it does have it fault’s, a slightly lacklustre start and a rather annoying score over the chase scenes, it has that bonkers quality I measure everything with nowadays, rule of thumb it has to be bonkers or at least have a sherry trifle in it somewhere.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg night-of-the-demons-blu-ray-1.jpg (99.5 KB, 4 views)