View Single Post
Old 6th April 2020, 09:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Mission of Justice, The Blob (1988), American Ninja & The Silence Of The Lambs

Mission Of Justice
A straight to video actioner starring Jeff Wincott as a former policeman who infiltrates Mayor wannabe Bridgette Nielsen's vigilante group so he can avenge his friend's murder. Standard story really but entertaining. Released on DVD by budget label MIA back when DVD's were in it's infancy. Basically when most DVD's were costing 15-20 pounds, MIA were only costing 10 pounds. If you like your straight to video Martial Art films, give this one a try

The Blob (1988)

Remake of the Steve McQueen film where a organism from outer space crashes on Earth and starts killing off the local residents of a small town, the effects are still good today and is gory in places. For a film that's over 30 years old, it still olds up today. Had to get it on import but I'm guessing it's in rights hell for the UK, it should have had a UK DVD release otherwise

American Ninja

Michael Dudikoff stars as a loner soldier who is trained in the mysterious arts of the Ninja. He ends up taking on a corrupt Army General who is in a partnership with an arms dealer. The arms dealer just happens to have an army of Ninjas who are lead by a Master Ninja. The fight scenes are good but I'm pretty sure that the DVD I have is cut because you didn't see many sword deaths and the BBFC don't like lingering sword deaths or cut throat scenes. (I don't have the 88 Films Blu Ray Collection) It's a good film but drags on near the end

The Silence Of The Lambs

Other than a few scenes, I hadn't seen this in full. It's strengths are the performances of Anthony Hopkins & Jodie Foster otherwise other than some scenes of gory violence, it's just a murder thriller. I liked it but I believe there are better films out there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg moj.jpg (11.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg tb.jpg (13.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg an.jpg (13.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg tsotl.jpg (11.5 KB, 6 views)