View Single Post
Old 10th April 2020, 02:12 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I'm afraid that I wasn't impressed either, it's not a very exciting album. It goes a long way to describe my opinion of it when Noise, a song I was 100% nonplussed about when it first appeared is by far the stand-out track on the album.

However, the best 'moment' of the album is the soprano vocal in the closing few minutes of Shoemaker. Worst song on the album in my opinion being Tribal which I just didn't get, sounds nothing like Nightwish and had a very odd mid section with the band grunting...

As for the Orchestral suite, Kerrang! hit the nail on the head, it's just boring, nice melodies etc and performed very well, but it's not a piece that demands any attention, it's quite superficial.

Not the worst album I've heard, far from it, it's a good record, it's just not a good record by Nightwish standards. Endless Forms... is miles and miles ahead of this one. I don't think they're ever going to top The Greatest Show On Earth.
I haven't heard the album just the singles. Noise was extremely average, sounded like a load of riffs and harmonies lifted from earlier songs. Whereas the second single was better but sounded nothing like Nightwish. I am of the impression that generally all the recent Nightwish albums sound quite similar.

This never affected Motorhead but they weren't trying to write a score for Lord of the Rings (Cheers K!)