View Single Post
Old 10th May 2020, 08:38 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

1_jvWFBNy1zcf_ouTZ-dJEug.jpg

After a job goes a bit off piste a private investigator trades in the big city life for a small town away from prying eyes and opens up a petrol station to live a low key lifestyle of planning a future with his new lady and fishing. But you can never just walk away from the life especially when you leave a major loose end just swinging in the wind.

When big time gambler Whit Sterling is shit and robbed by his girlfriend and $40,000 is taken from him he hires Jeff Bailey to hunt her down and bring her back to him. Bailey catches up with her and the two fall in love and elope until Baileys old partner tracks them down and threatening to tell Whit where they are Kathie kills him and runs away. Bailey is left heartbroken when she never returns to him.

Years later Whit tracks Bailey down for another job to pay him back for double crossing him the first time and stealing his woman. To Baileys shock Kathie is back with Whit and after all the years the feelings come flooding for both of them but Bailey is no fool and he knows nothing about this deal is on the level. Who can he really trust if anyone.

Where as the other films in the genre i have seen are more suspenseful filled with beautiful woman shady characters and tough guys this one i felt at certain parts had more emotional parts where you feel for Bailey and especially his new girlfriend trusting that he would do the right thing and return to her to live happily ever after.

As great as the whole cast is here its Kirk Douglas that stands out for me. He is calm friendly and he always has a big smile on his face but its in the eyes you can tell he is not a man to be crossed and you are always left guessing his next move.

Excellent

8/10