View Single Post
Old 29th May 2020, 03:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Pool Party Massacre (2017)

A rich spoilt teenage brat decides to throw a pool party for her friends when her parents leave her alone for the weekend and are picked off one by one by a deranged killer that likes to use a variety of different weapons. The plot is as thin as the really bad looking fake blood, the dialogue is almost as bad as the acting, the fx are amateurish and the entire film is nothing we haven’t seen before. But, I absolutely loved it and at only 80 minutes long, it moves along really quickly and is well worth a watch for fans of trashy 80’s slasher films like Slumber Party Massacre etc.
If you’ve got Amazon Prime then I’d definitely recommend checking it out with a couple of beers and a take away, just don’t expect anything amazing because it really is one of those “so bad it’s good” type of films (Goatman Murders springs to mind) and I’d say it’s better than half of 88 Films Slasher Collection range, Mary Whitehouse would’ve loved it if it was released in 1984!

4/5

This is what I had to say about it a couple of years back, it really is shite but I stand by what I said and wouldn’t rather watch this than 90% of the crap UK labels are putting out these days!

In fact, I’m still waiting for the blu ray to drop below a tenner so I can add it to my collection
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!