View Single Post
Old 31st May 2020, 09:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Distributers like Arrow, 88 Films, 101 Films, Shameless...etc are in a difficult situation, they need to release titles that they know that are likely to sell well as well as providing the obscure releases that us fans want.

I admit that ever since I got my Blu Ray Player, whenever announcements are being teased/announced, I get excited on whether a film I want is going to get released and when the announcements are for films that I've never heard off or not interested in, then there is disappointment.

I believe that we all have a list of films we individual want to see released in The UK without having to order from overseas and it is annoying that you see titles being announced by the international companies that you want but are not yet available in The UK. But I've realized that the films I want maybe are maybe going to be popular for a small majority and therefore not going to be profitable.

For example, a film I want is Gymkata but are the rights easy to get and/or how many people are likely to buy it?

Whilst some announcements are for films I've never heard off and believe me Arrow recently have done an incredible job of making me question my knowledge of the Video Rental releases of the 80's and early 90's because I hadn't heard of them and had to look up the Rental Covers to see if I actually recognize it, I do research into them and see if there are targets and I got White Fire, Blood Tide and Devil's Honey.

I do agree with the poster who said whether UK Companies should partner up with an international distributer.