View Single Post
Old 5th June 2020, 09:33 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default First blood

Had not watched First Blood in quite a long time,so with the new Blu Ray transfer,I thought it was time to revisit this classic...I think that time has been pretty good to this film, where as the second film seems very much in the era of Ronald Reagan and the cold war... Nowadays we would recognise John Rambo's condition as Post-traumatic stress disorder, something I bet the bullish police in the film,wish they knew about before they started tormenting Rambo with a razor... Although you can't blame Rambo for wanting to escape police custody, because there not exactly portrayed as being the most enligntained or proficient at there jobs...Where as soon as Rambo escapes his captors and gets into the woods,he soon show's the cops a thing or two about hunting...As for Stallone, It's definitely a career defining role,and heads above the test of franchise, where he just seems monosyllabic and a bit grumpy... Also you never get the feeling he is in any real peril with the sequels,but with First Blood, the odds are definitely against our hero, well until the police start surcombing to his traps and tricks that is... Let's not forget the late great Brian Dennehy who made these kind of roles his own...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 408px-First_blood_poster.jpg (47.1 KB, 2 views)