View Single Post
Old 6th June 2020, 02:00 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ghosthouse. 1988. (La Casa 3)

Two Ham Radio enthusiasts trace a signal from a cry for help to a abandoned where a couple were killed and a ghost child with a doll brings doom to the visitors.

Under the pseudonym Humphrey Herbert , Umberto Lenzi directed this chilling tale of a haunted house scenario, I have always thought this film would be a cheap Italian/Amercan film but i did enjoy it. The acting may not be the greatest as well as the writing but the cast do try their best to make it exciting as possible, even a clown with a creepy smile makes it more spooky.

MV5BMjA3NTUyODU4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTM4NTQxNjE@._V1_.jpg.

Witchery. 1998. (La Casa 4).

A group of people stranded on a island are being sacrificed by a witch who lives in the house they are taking shelter in.

I reviewed this last year on Halloween, bad acting, very poor special effects that were cheaply done even having the red doctor who vortex and the really noticeable fake blood even though it has some top stars we recognise and why did they star in this is beyond anyone's guess but its so bad its a guilty pleasure of mine to keep watching it.

MV5BOTFhYzZhZjItMDcwNS00MTU1LWEwZGItNTcxNjhmMTA0NmM0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,.jpg

Beyond Darkness. 1990. (La Casa 5).

After a alleged witch dies in the electric chair and witnessed by Father George, Father Peter and his family move into the witch's old house and begin to be tormented.

Even though this has been directed by Claudio Fragasso...yes the guy who directed Troll 2, this was a buy blind for me and have no regrets whatsoever of the purchase. The acting was mediocre not award winning, the plot was decent even though there maybe one or two plot holes in the story but it was enjoyable. David Brandon (Stagefright) plays Father George now a drunk who witnessed the execution and Gene LeBrock as Father Peter who tries to save his family and young son who may be recognisable from Troll 2.

MV5BMjM1NDMzMjY4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTk1NTU2NjE@._V1_.jpg