Old 10th June 2020, 07:31 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
House On The Edge Of The Park

Ruggero Deodato's take on the home invasion genre where David Hess and Giovanni Lombardo Radice invade a home and terrorize the occupants. In a way this is a well acted film with Hess again showing that he makes a great and convincing psychopath and Radice plays his part well also.

Obviously the Rape scene is the big controversy from this film and it is definitely unsettling to watch and even though there's a big reveal at the end it doesn't make sense that someone would consent to his girlfriend being raped and just stand there watching with his friends whilst she's being cut up. I even thought that she wasn't his Girlfriend after all, maybe a Hooker who knew what was coming but they didn't count on the razor. Maybe I put more thought into it. Oh yeah Riz Ortolani comes though with another haunting soundtrack.

Qudos on Shameless on getting this version released, the extras made it seem like quite a battle..
Did Shameless get this through the BBFC unscathed?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.