View Single Post
Old 10th June 2020, 09:25 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Crocodile Dundee, A Beautiful Day In The Neighbourhood & 21 Bridges

Crocodile Dundee

Iconic 1986 Movie in which a New York Newspaper Reporter travels to The Australian Outback to do a feature on Mick "Crocodile" Dundee regarding him surviving a Crocodile attack. He then shows her around The Outback and then it's his turn to be the fish out of water as he is then taken back to New York.

I was really young and just getting my bearings regarding my film knowledge when this came out for Rental so I was unaware of how much a big deal this movie was and how big of a Box Office success it was. Then again in hindsight, the fact that my Mum was so keen to rent it (And she wasn't a keen Film fan) should have been a giveaway on how much of a phenomenon it was and I can certainly see way, it's a really fun film with likeable characters even though I'm sure that what Paul Hogan is really like cranked up.

Also The VHS Rental cover is one of those that gives me fond memories of 80's Video Rental releases. Also the fact it advertised Peggy Sue Got Married, When The Wind Blows, Space Camp and Short Circuit gives me those nostalgic memories as well.

A Beautiful Day In The Neighbourhood

Tom Hanks plays Fred Rodgers, a beloved Children's TV personality who is interviewed by Matthew Rhys and is able to help show the Reporter the meaning of kindness, forgiveness...etc. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with this Movie but it's not one I can see watching for a long time or just forwarding to the best bits.

21 Bridges

Chadwick Boseman is the Policeman along with Sienna Miller on the hunt for 2 Cop killers on the run in Manhattan. It a brisk 95 minutes it's more of a fast past movie which stays on point and doesn't dwell on personal lives and any other side storylines and I must say there is nothing wrong with that whatsoever. This is a good watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cd.jpg (15.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg abditn.jpg (10.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 21b.jpg (10.4 KB, 3 views)