View Single Post
Old 11th June 2020, 08:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default Airplane & Street Smart

Airplane

Classic 80's slapstick Comedy in which a confidence drained pilot has to land a plane. 1st time I've seen this and it is funny however some jokes wouldn't be included now (The Boy in the cockpit isn't funny in any era)

Street Smart

Christopher Reeve is a Magazine Writer who fakes a story about a pimp, it becomes a popular article however as luck will have it, a District Attorney and the man he is prosecuting (Morgan Freeman playing a pimp) believe the story is about Freeman so it ends up that Reeve is having to defend himself against prosecution due to him having to provide his notes and to stop Freeman from forcing him to provide an alibi.

This is a 1987 Cannon Film released by Warner Home Video and whilst it's no an Action Packed Movie, it holds your attention. I went on Amazon looking to buy Switching Channels and for a few extra quid, I was to get that and this in a triple pack from Spain (No idea what the 3rd film is)

There are a few films released from Warner Home Video from the 80's that haven't seen a UK release, this one, Wisdom and Tough Guys Don't Dance spring to mind.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a.jpg (14.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg sm.jpg (13.4 KB, 2 views)