Thread: Games Talk
View Single Post
Old 13th June 2020, 01:06 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Nintendo doesn't try to compete with the PS and Xbox which are 'hardcore gamer' consoles, they have a niche and it's perfectly cornered, they produce and release family friendly games on a family friendly console. The Nintendo 'style' of graphics might not appeal to everyone, but it does resonate with a lot of players and they will defend it to the death!

While it's not ultra realistic, you can't really deny the fact that games like Luigi's Mansion 3 and Yoshi's Crafted World look fantastic. I for one would take stylised graphics and great gameplay over an ultra realistic shooter.
Nintendo is more about the heart of gaming which is to have fun. I got rid of my Switch because I'm not a fan of JRPGs and turn based combat so i didn't feel there was enough games for me to justify having all 3 consoles. I have said it here many times but this generation has been a big disappointment for me ultra realistic looking games are great but a lot of them have no substance and most games just felt soulless and empty to me. Nintendo knows what it is and they know they don't have to change to keep up. When it comes to games graphics have to take the backseat for me its all about the game play and the stories.