View Single Post
Old 13th June 2020, 09:52 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Driving Miss Daisy, Richard Jewell & The Untouchables

Driving Miss Daisy

Morgan Freeman is hired by Dan Ackroyd to drive his strong willed mother Jessica Tandy around. After a battle of wills, the eventually become friends. A decent film, I was expecting more issues regarding racism however that's not a major issue. Another bonus was, I was expecting a 2 hour to 2hr30 minute film so having a film under 100 minutes was fine with me.

Richard Jewell

Clint Eastwood directed film which tells the true story of the man who found a bomb during the Atlanta Olympics but is placed under immediate suspicion.

This is in the similar vain as Sully and this came and went at Cinemas with the minimum of fuss and this a impulse purchase for me. Granted I was second guessing myself afterwards so I put it on as a background movie whilst I was on my Laptop, however this was a very riveting movie with a great performance by Paul Walter Hauser as Richard Jewell and Sam Rockwell as his Lawyer. John Hamm, Kathy Bates and Olivia Wilde also co-star. If you are on the fence regarding this one, watch it, I don't think You'll be disappointed.

The Untouchables

Classic Gangster film in which Kevin Costner plays Elliott Ness who tries to bring down Robert DeNiro's Al Capone. Sean Connery and Andy Garcia assist Costner.

This is a really good movie, great performances and DeNiro has a serious villain is always a delight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dmd.jpg (14.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg rj.jpg (12.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg tu.jpg (13.2 KB, 3 views)