View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2020, 10:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Live and Let Die. 1973.

After some British agents are killed James Bond is sent to uncover who killed them and a mogul Dr. Kananga is involved and is distributing heroin and uses a tarot reader Solitaire for help.

The first intro for Roger Moore as James Bond and what a way to start, some may agree or disagree that he may have had big shoes to fill after Connery's departure and managed to make the character his own under the guidance of director Guy Hamilton.

Bond teams up with C.I.A. Felix again as well as Quarell from the first Bond adventure Dr. No and agent Rosie Carver, mixed with New Orleans there is some dark parts involving Voodoo. Yaphet Kotto takes lead as the villain Kananga and Julius Harris as the clawed henchman TeeHee, Jane Seymour plays the Bond girl Ssolitaire and a perfect way to start off her acting career. After watching this and enjoying it after so many years i did wonder if this would hit the censors with the use of the word "honky".

61jdcubv65L._AC_SX425_.jpg

Solitaire: [Kananga has just died from the gas pellet shoved in his mouth] Where's Kananga?
James Bond: He always did have an inflated opinion of himself.