View Single Post
Old 29th June 2020, 07:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Spectre. 2015.

After receiving a cryptic message from M after her death, Bond goes in search for answers which leads him to someone from his past and a sinister organisation he has been pursuing as well as Mr white who may hold the key to the location he has to go to.

Although this was to be Daniel Craig's last outing as Bond he bever fails at impressing the audience with his unique way to the character he portrayed over almost 10 years. Seeking the organisation and finding it was S.P.E.C.T.R.E. and someone from his past is running the whole show was a nice little twist to the plot. Christoph Waltz plays Franz Oberhauser who later identifies himself as Ernst Stavro Blofeld, the mastermind who created the organisation. Lea Seydoux plays Dr madeline Swann who is related to Mr White and has to try and trust her for answers.

Ralph Fiennes returns as M who has ordered Bond to be grounded for a muck up in Mexico City and oreders Q (Ben Whishaw) to have Bond tracked and keep the 00 agent project active as a new security government project are wanting to take over headed by Max Denbigh who Bond calls C.

At times this felt it seems to go off track and back on again with longer fight scenes even between Craig and Dave Bautista (yes the wrestler) who is like Jaws without the metal teeth, big, tough and says one word of dialogue. The car and plane chase was done well and a boat speed boat chasing a helicopter. At least M knew what C meant for but we were problably thinking of another word to call him. There is some funny comments and jokes that Q found funny with Tanner and Miss Moneypenny knew how to tell a lie. Even some of the reviews online were a bit dissmal about this but i enjoyed it.

MV5BOWQ1MDE1NzgtNTQ4OC00ZjliLTllZDAtN2IyOTVmMTc5YjUxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_SY1000_CR0,.jpg

[Bond notices the shell of the DB5]
Q : Oh, yes. That old thing is taking quite a bit of time. Mind you, there wasn't much left to work, only a steering wheel. I believe I said, "Bring it back in one piece," not, "Bring back one piece."
[Q laughs at his own joke]