View Single Post
Old 30th June 2020, 09:09 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Rawhead Rex, Wall Street & Goldeneye

Rawhead Rex

This is a 1986 Horror film set in Ireland based on a story by Clive Barker, it's about a creature that arises from the ground and goes through the locals of a village.

It's one of those films which I remember seeing the advert on other films but never saw it. It's not a bad film but the creature's look, which may have been passable back when it was made doesn't hold up to 2020 standards. But apparently the F/X team had only a week and a limited budget to deal with it.

Wall Street

Charlie Sheen is a young and impatient stockbroker who is willing to do anything to get to the top, including trading on illegal inside information and is taken under the wing of a through a ruthless and greedy corporate raider played by Michael Douglas.

I'm sure that a lot of people like this film but I just found that all the jargon used by Stock Market Traders took me out of the film.

Goldeneye

Pierce Brosnan plays Bond who is out to stop Sean Bean from blowing up London using a satellite weapon.

Not the biggest James Bond fan, this was an alright movie, some decent action sequences especially the Tank chase in a street in Russia another sequence at the beginning where he dives to try to get into a freefalling helicopter may be the inspiration for the Mission Impossible films.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rr.jpg (12.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg ws.jpg (14.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg g.jpg (13.6 KB, 3 views)