View Single Post
Old 5th July 2020, 01:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Looker.

What Michael Crichton movies proof is that you do not need hi-tech special effects to make a high tech thriller...In fact it seems to me that the movie industry had to catch up with his ideas...All of his better movies were made well before the onslaught of the over proliferation of CGI...And I believe they were better for it... Technology is great,but how come Apollo 13 manage to get back using duct tape,yet most motor mechanics need a science degree to look under a bonnet of a modern car...The Looker,is about the use of computer generated actors,who have to be perfect in every way shape and form,so they can used in commercials to brain wash it's viewer's...So a string of attractive ladies need minor plastic surgery to be the perfect model,and seek the help of plastic surgeon Albert Finney...Obviously this technology can be used for any nefarious use like electing a politician into the White House,or selling fruit of the loom pants,or maybe a new kitchen cleaner...Or what about a light gun that can give the illusion of invisibility by stunning it's victim's... Yeah ok that is a bit hokey,considering it seems alot of effort just so Albert Finney could kick the bad guy in the nuts...It's an interesting story but fails to really explore the subject matter in any real depth,for a more interesting medical thriller I preferred Coma...