View Single Post
Old 21st July 2020, 03:00 AM
Cult Addict

I think i thought of it as a more universal knowledge / zeitgeist thing that is getting reborn but passing on it's knowledge like the Monolith sparking advancement, it doesn't pass on everything but there is a universal awareness and genetic progression.

He see's himself as an old man then we see the embryo in space. It's like seeing your life before you and getting some kind of satisfaction and sense of accomplishment, without regret. Completion.

If there is a god being i can see it being more of a force, like Gaia that holds the universe together, a basic force that doesn't judge or control in any form, but expands consciousness and holds the universe together, so an embryo sums that up i feel, an entity that is just being, a basic force of nature, not male or female just pure.

I mean if there is a omnipresent god why is he such a piece of shit to make children suffer or even pass judgement, everybody has their own problems and a helluva lot of it is self contained and due to upbringing or environment, if there is a conscious god he is a prick and i don't want anything to do with the ****er.(sorry, just venting)

The space gate to me was the primordial soup of being, you can't comprehend it but it kind of was like a god like pure state, if you stare into the abyss for too long it sends you mad. Wasn't that a Nietzsche quote?

This is my interpretation of the final section of 2001, i love the Daisy daisy section but that is a straightforward man against machine face off, if you look at it this way, the first section with the bone spaceship leap is humanity in a basic primitive sense progressing beyond it's capabilities.

The computer against the man is progression of technology, overcoming it's progenitor or at least attempting to, it is where AI is heading, even if it doesn't succeed it will happen.

But i think the real message is that man knows nothing, AI will not win because there is always a universal force that is far more advanced than we can comprehend.

Man, if you wan't to look at it in a basic sense, we cut the grass, plant the seeds but nature and the universe does the rest.

I may have been high though.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.

Last edited by nosferatu42; 21st July 2020 at 03:39 AM.