Thread: Win Killer Nun!
View Single Post
Old 14th December 2007, 11:06 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

I suppose in that case one of my faves is Prism Leisure. I don't know much about them as a company or what they did before the dawn of the DVD age but I adore them for releasing complete dross at budget prices. I used to work for a big, well known department store that I absolutely hated. Because it was so hideous there I used to escape on my lunch break, rather than sitting in the staff canteen with the cast of The Witches.

As a result, I usually ended up wandering around Music Zone (now defunct... Boohoo ) spending my hard earned cash on Prism Leisure titles, ranging from 99p to a whopping £3!

Titles in my collection include, Cult Kids Classics, Cult Kids Classics 2, Humanoids From The Deep (unfortunately, the TV remake from the 1990s, not the older theatrical version), Scream Bloody Murder (alternately known as Bloody Murder, it's sequel, Bloody Murder 2: Closing Camp is know as Halloween Camp in the UK), Halloween 2, Clive Barker's Rawhead Rex, Safe, Dead Man's Curve and Shadow Of The Vampire.

I can't even find a website for them so I don't even know if they're still going or if they're operating under a different name these days. The print quality of their films was never amazing but for the price, who could complain. They always seemed to have an unusual mix of crap (Scream Bloody Murder) and arthouse (Safe) which intrigued me. But the main reason I love them is because buying one of their DVDs for £1.99 used to really brighten my day when I was working in a horrible horrible place!