Old 28th July 2020, 11:29 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
The Erotic rites of Frankenstein.
( Uk Nucleus disc watched, but i like this cover)

Attachment 226463

Well Jess Franco films are always mental, but this one is totally nucking futs, having said that i found it to be one of the more entertaining of his films.

It's just all over the place, a silver Frankenstein's creature lurking around, Frankenstein himself being reanimated repeatedly, Howard Vernon as some kind of Hypnotist/ scientist mad man with staring eyes, his daughter who is half bird and a gang of reanimated cultists or something like that.

Attachment 226464

My favourite character was the birdgirl but i think my favorite scene was when a revived doctor Frankenstein loses his mind and some guy throws acid over him, instantly his head and his hands fall off, i was wondering if Franco was on another type of acid by this point.

Attachment 226465
...Where's Flash Gordon when you need him??

Looking through the extras i thought i'd have a quick look at the Spanish version just to see how they managed to make a clothed version of a film with wall to wall nudity.
I know the original language is the one a lot of purist say they would watch but honestly who wants to watch a clothed version of an "erotic" Frankenstein film??

Also i always find english dubbed films more entertaining generally.

Anyway due to the fact they had to reshoot about half of the film again, it's obviously a lot different, but interestingly it runs about 10 minutes longer and features an extra character played by who else but Lina Romay, also it features a quite creepy moment when a group of dead people are wandering through a fog enshrouded forest wearing shrouds, probably the eeriest part of the film that's not even in the other cut...eh??

Attachment 226466

i might have to watch this version another night as even though it was stupid as shit, i enjoyed it alot. 7/10
Great review Nos.Made me chuckle.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.