View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2020, 06:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default I married

I married a monster from outer space.(1958)
Bill leaves his stag party early on,only to get ambushed on the way,by a Martian who somehow manages to takes over Bills body...Of course Bills newly married wife starts to suspect that something is not what it should be... Marge starts to worry that Bill hasn't got her pregnant yet,so to celebrate there anniversary she gets Bill a dog,who immediately takes a dislike to Bill,so Bill strangles the mutt, although at first he considers caving the dog's head in with a hammer...Alien men are taking over the bodies of earth men so they can basically shag earth females.. While the plot is pure science fiction hokum,it's filmed very much more in the style of the film noir,and obviously owes a huge dept to Invasion of the Body Snatchers ,made a couple of years previously...Tom Tryon does an excellent job acting all wooden,like he was brain washed and taken over by an alien being, perhaps he was who knows...Gloria Talbott does an admirable job of being the paranoid wife,who finds out what really happened to her Bill..I Married covers all the 1950s movie bases, paranoia, sexual politics and scary looking aliens... not bonkers,but close...