View Single Post
Old 10th August 2020, 08:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched the Donner cut which I prefer too the normal version, it gets rid of the pointless Paris scene and connects the first film, with one of the missiles in that being responsible for freeing Zod. Lois suspecting Clark is better in this version, but the scenes with supermans mother from the original version I found better than the ones with his farther added here. 8/10

This is where it starts going down hill, the whole slapstick bits just didn't work and Pryor was terrible miscast. Because of the vastly reduced budget we never got see what the film was going to be, a story involving Brainiac. 6/10

It really is a product of its time, with its anti nuclear message and it's definitely a cannon movie. But sadly it's quite boring it's well over half time before anything happens. 5/10

Might have bit of a bad rep, but it's superior to what followed , the story might not be the greatest but unlike man of steel it captures the spirit of superman and the Reeves movies, it's a shame Routh didn't get another go as he was actually pretty decent and found him better than anyone that followed , but he did get too play the role once more in crisis on infinite earths and for me was the best thing in it, felt like the man of steel and captured the spirit of Reeves perfectly. 7/10

Now watching maniac cop.