Thread: Comedy Film
View Single Post
Old 21st August 2020, 06:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default I'm All Right Jack

I'm Alright Jack. (1959).
It just goes to show that double dealing back stabbing and under hand deals in the world of trade and business are nothing new... Innocent and wide eyed Ian Carmichael, playing *Stanley Windrush, carrying on from the previous Boulting film Private's Progress,Windrush is looking for a job,and fails miserably at every interview. .Then along comes Dennis Price and Richard Attenborough,both of whom sporting dodgy moustache's and even dodgier business plans for Windrush and there Missile factories...A bona fide classic,the film is chock full of some of the best British comedy actors of the time...Of course the star of the film is the great Peter Seller's as Fred Kite,the Communist loving shop steward who takes Windrush under his wing,hoping to engraciate himself with the intellectual middle classes... Although Windrush is more interested in Kites daughter played by Liz Fraser*as Cynthia Kite...Coming up a close second is one of my favourite actor's Terry-Thomas,as the personnel manager,as always Thomas is playing to his strengths,as the lounging playboy type...Of course While it's a great movie,it does use language that some modern audience's may find offensive, mainly when referring to working with coloured workers and any one from the middle east...of course looking at it with modern eye's it easy to criticize... Other wise it's incredibly spot on when looking at the class system which was prevalent at the time...